- publishing is messed up
- Read Academic work-life-balance survey to feel like not bothering with academe.
- Andrej Karpathy's guide
- Go to Yale: An astonishingly small number of elite universities produce an overwhelming number of America’s professors
If you are mobile, strategic and concerned with employment conditions, you might want to exploit these differences and avoid the outsider boxes at different stages of your career. This would mean avoiding the UK for your PhD and avoiding Germany after your PhD.
- Bradshaw on how to write a paper
- Conference dinner schmoozes
- Conference schmoozes
- publish an R package in the journal of statistical software