Learn just a little Sundanese, in order to not sound snobby.
- Hatur Nuhun: Thanks very much
- Sami-sami: same to you
- Wilujeng Sumping: Welcome
Wilujeng Emping: Good morning
A dictionary of the sundanese language (1862) by Jonathan Rigg
- Mang (“Uncle”) is often used for musicians. I think it is equivalent to Aling for women, or is that Tagalog?
- Kang (“Big brother”) is a generic honorific. Is Neng the equivalent for women?
- Abah is a seriously honorific male address, for significant leaders etc.
See also Aksara Sunda if you want to know how to write in Sundanese script. (Most Sundanese don’t; this is a recent revival thing.)