Both a DSL and a low-level language; worth including in a category of its own.
- Julius O. Smith has some intro lectures (Alternate version)
- Romain Michon’s Stanford chipper little Faust Course is hands-on
- has a python interface because why not.
- polyphony is tricky
- it can also be controlled over the internet:
faust2jaqt - httpd mix4 . dsp
- It’s not clear how you access buffers in faust at first glance.
The keyword is
table. See stream looper for one example and Mayank Sanganeria’s classic granulator for another.
TODO: work out how to fill buffers from the disk via the hosting application (e.g. VST infrastructure.)