Game theory, as seen in cooperation, mechanism design and adversarial training and dilemmas of collective action and so on.
I have nothing to say about foundational game theory itself, except to note that JD Williams’ book, The Compleat Strategyst (Will86) is online for free, so you should get it.
How long until we approach Nash equilibiruim.
- Challet, D., Marsili, M., & Zhang, Y.-C. (2000) Modeling market mechanism with minority game. Physica A: Statistical and Theoretical Physics, 276(1–2), 284–315.
- Hardin, R. (1971) Collective action as an agreeable n-prisoners’ dilemma. Behavioral Science, 16(5), 472–481. DOI.
- Heckathorn, D. D.(1996) The Dynamics and Dilemmas of Collective Action. American Sociological Review, 61(2), 250–277. DOI.
- Jackson, M. O.(2014) Mechanism theory (SSRN Scholarly Paper No. ID 2542983). . Rochester, NY: Social Science Research Network
- Jager, W., Janssen, M. A., De Vries, H. J. M., De Greef, J., & Vlek, C. A. J.(2000) Behaviour in commons dilemmas: Homo economicus and Homo psychologicus in an ecological-economic model. Ecological Economics, 35, 357.
- Latek, M., Axtell, R., & Kaminski, B. (2009) Bounded rationality via recursion. (pp. 457–464). Presented at the AAMAS ’09: Proceedings of The 8th International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems, Richland, SC: International Foundation for Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems
- Le, S., & Boyd, R. (2007) Evolutionary dynamics of the continuous iterated Prisoner’s dilemma. Journal of Theoretical Biology, 245, 258–267.
- Ostrom, E. (1998) A Behavioral Approach to the Rational Choice Theory of Collective Action. The American Political Science Review, 92, 1–22. DOI.
- Press, W. H., & Dyson, F. J.(2012) Iterated Prisoner’s Dilemma contains strategies that dominate any evolutionary opponent. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 109(26), 10409–10413. DOI.
- Rapoport, A. (1953) Spread of information through a population with socio-structural bias: II Various models with partial transitivity. The Bulletin of Mathematical Biophysics, 15(4), 535–546. DOI.
- Slobodkin, L. B., & Rapoport, A. (1974) An Optimal Strategy of Evolution. The Quarterly Review of Biology, 49, 181–200.
- Williams, J. D.(1986) The compleat strategyst: being a primer on the theory of games of strategy. . New York: Dover