Placeholder for my notes on probabilistic graphical models. In general graphical models are a particular type of way of handling multivariate data based on working out what is conditionally independent of what.
- directed graphical models, and
- undirected graphical models
- a supposed unifying formalism factor graphs
- I thinks that chain graphs are also supposed to be an alternate underlying formalism (?)
- conditional random fields
- hierarchical models are special cases of directed graphical models.
- E.Z. graphical regression with (so-called) BayesDB.