In the display case between l-systems and classic fractals like the Mandelbrot set, we have IFSs. There is a lot of definitional overlap between these things; mostly the difference is about where they are used and the algorithms used to draw them.
- Why does no-one (seem to) use linearised Gaussian error propagation to choose smoothing kernel size? would reduce the amount of interations necessary to overpaint (I think it would; but there must be some reason no-one does it)
- see also that weird pixel-specific stats visualisation they did for python.
- Is there a meaningful acoustic equivalent?
- At some point I would like to understand how the Barnsley IFS algorithm inferred IFSs from images.
- Construct IFS as a point process / branching processe.