Pagerank and kin, and their application to reality. Possibly relation to game theory, network topologies, contagion processes, swarm sensing, reputation systems, recommender systems, worryingly technocratic utopians, and learning from gossip. Important in the practice of science.
Eigenvector centrality (a.k.a. PageRank)
- CSRB15: Giovanni Luca Ciampaglia, Prashant Shiralkar, Luis M. Rocha, Johan Bollen, Filippo Menczer, Alessandro Flammini (2015) Computational fact checking from knowledge networks. ArXiv:1501.03471 [Physics].
- Maho16: Michael W. Mahoney (2016) Lecture Notes on Spectral Graph Methods. ArXiv Preprint ArXiv:1608.04845.
- Tade16: Steven Tadelis (2016) Reputation and Feedback Systems in Online Platform Markets. Annual Review of Economics, 8(1), 321–340. DOI
- Prie13: Jason Priem (2013) Scholarship: Beyond the paper. Nature, 495(7442), 437–440. DOI
- EsRo05: Ernesto Estrada, Juan A. Rodríguez-Velázquez (2005) Subgraph centrality in complex networks. Physical Review E, 71(5), 056103. DOI
- Newm03: Mark E J Newman (2003) The Structure and Function of Complex Networks. SIAM Review, 45, 167–256.