Dr. Wu-Jun LI’s excellent Lit review and practicalities supporting their own papers.
Learnable hashes for similarity search
Learnable indexes for arbitrary search
See also Mitzenmacher’s clarifications on false positive rate.
- BKCD17: (2017) A Machine Learning Approach to Databases Indexes. In Advances In Neural Information Processing Systems.
- WZSS18: (2018) A Survey on Learning to Hash. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 40(4), 769–790. DOI
- ZLZZ15: (2015) Bit-scalable deep hashing with regularized similarity learning for image retrieval and person re-identification. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 24(12), 4766–4779.
- NaMM14: (2014) Content-based image retrieval system using feed-forward backpropagation neural network. International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security (IJCSNS), 14(6), 70.
- XWTX15: (2015) Convolutional Neural Networks for Text Hashing. In IJCAI (pp. 1369–1375).
- LLWM15: (2015) Deep Hashing for Compact Binary Codes Learning. In 2015 IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR) (pp. 2475–2483). DOI
- LYHC15: (2015) Deep learning of binary hash codes for fast image retrieval. In Proceedings of the IEEE conference on computer vision and pattern recognition workshops (pp. 27–35). DOI
- GARL16: (2016) End-to-end Learning of Deep Visual Representations for Image Retrieval. ArXiv:1610.07940 [Cs].
- LiWK15: (2015) Feature learning based deep supervised hashing with pairwise labels. ArXiv Preprint ArXiv:1511.03855.
- CLWY17: (2017) HashNet: Deep Learning to Hash by Continuation. ArXiv:1702.00758 [Cs].
- GWRH16: (2016) Hybrid computing using a neural network with dynamic external memory. Nature, advance online publication. DOI
- ZoLB17: (2017) Learning Deep Nearest Neighbor Representations Using Differentiable Boundary Trees. ArXiv:1702.08833 [Cs].
- MiCr17: (2017) Neural Models for Information Retrieval. ArXiv:1705.01509 [Cs].
- LPLY15: (2015) Simultaneous feature learning and hash coding with deep neural networks. In Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (pp. 3270–3278). DOI
- XPLL14: (2014) Supervised Hashing for Image Retrieval via Image Representation Learning. In AAAI (Vol. 1, pp. 2156–2162).
- YaLC18: (2018) Supervised Learning of Semantics-Preserving Hash via Deep Convolutional Neural Networks. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 40(2), 437–451. DOI
- KBCD17: (2017) The Case for Learned Index Structures. ArXiv:1712.01208 [Cs].