Medication for brain performance enhancement. Anecdotally ubiquitous amongst the next cohort of my highly competitive field, and dotcom types.
My advice on this is of course worthless, as I know nothing of pharmacology etc. But even if I did, I would not endorse the taking of performance enhancing drugs without personal medical advice from your doctor.
Tweaking brains with ‘smart drugs’ to get ahead in Silicon Valley
Scott Alexander speculates: Cognitive enhancers: mechanisms and tradeoffs
Gwern's Drug Heuristics
- VBMA14: (2014) Cholinergic Stimulation Enhances Bayesian Belief Updating in the Deployment of Spatial Attention. The Journal of Neuroscience, 34(47), 15735–15742. DOI
- RaBr15: (2015) Creatine as a booster for human brain function How might it work? Neurochemistry International, 89, 249–259. DOI
- Smit05: (2005) Effects of repeated doses of caffeine on mood and performance of alert and fatigued volunteers. Journal of Psychopharmacology, 19(6), 620–626. DOI
- MCSS13: (2013) Free energy, precision and learning: the role of cholinergic neuromodulation. The Journal of Neuroscience : The Official Journal of the Society for Neuroscience, 33(19), 8227–8236. DOI
- Astr10: (2010) Is Caffeine a Cognitive Enhancer? Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease, (S1), 85–94. DOI