Is this is a real field separate from all the things that looks similar to it? e.g.probability collectives (are they a thing?) and the nature-inspired algorithms people get disturbingly enthusiastic about (ant colonies, particle swarms, that one based on choirs…), and reliability engineering (Byzantine generals etc), …and quorum sensing? How about that?
Although this looks a little bit like collective decisions, this should be a design-oriented. When we say “multi agent systems” there is usually a presumption that the individual agents are fairly simple, not whole human beings. Simpler still, distributed statistics is about algorithms that approximate or approach statistics in a distributed fashion. Special case, flocking. The barriers betwixt these are permeable.
Links to those themes:
Yoav Shoham and Kevin Leyton-Brown’s textbook, Multiagent Systems Algorithmic, Game-Theoretic, and Logical Foundations is downloadable
Yujian, Digest: Consensus Filters is a quick intro to ignal analysis using consensus filters
- Ye08: (2008) A path to the Arrow–Debreu competitive market equilibrium. Mathematical Programming, 111(1–2), 315–348. DOI
- ASSC02: (2002) A survey on sensor networks. Communications Magazine, IEEE, 40(8), 102–114. DOI
- BiWo04: (2004) Adaptive, distributed control of constrained multi-agent systems. In Proceedings of the Third International Joint Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems-Volume 3 (Vol. 4, pp. 1230–1231). IEEE Computer Society
- Wolp06: (2006) Advances in Distributed Optimization Using Probability Collectives. Advances in Complex Systems, 9.
- WoTu99: (1999) An Introduction to Collective Intelligence. ArXiv:Cs/9908014.
- Samu01: (2001) Analogies, Adaptation, and Anomalies. Journal of Economic Theory, 97(2), 320–366. DOI
- WoWT00: (2000) Collective intelligence for control of distributed dynamical systems. EPL (Europhysics Letters) , 49, 708. DOI
- OlFM07: (2007) Consensus and Cooperation in Networked Multi-Agent Systems. Proceedings of the IEEE, 95(1), 215–233. DOI
- ReBe05: (2005) Consensus seeking in multiagent systems under dynamically changing interaction topologies. Automatic Control, IEEE Transactions On, 50(5), 655–661.
- BiJa13: (2013) Convergence of a Multi-Agent Projected Stochastic Gradient Algorithm for Non-Convex Optimization. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 58(2), 391–405. DOI
- TuWo04: (2004) Coordination in Large Collectives- Chapter 1.
- WoLa02: (2002) Designing agent collectives for systems with Markovian dynamics. (pp. 1066–1073). DOI
- NaBa14: (2014) Distributed information processing in biological and computational systems. Communications of the ACM, 58(1), 94–102. DOI
- Olfa05: (2005) Distributed Kalman Filter with Embedded Consensus Filters. In 44th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, 2005 and 2005 European Control Conference. CDC-ECC ’05 (pp. 8179–8184). Seville, Spain: IEEE DOI
- SpOM00: (n.d.) DYNAMIC CONSENSUS FOR MOBILE NETWORKS.
- SpOM05: (2005) Dynamic consensus on mobile networks. In IFAC world congress (pp. 1–6). Citeseer
- CoVa04: (2004) Efficient computation of equilibrium prices for markets with Leontief utilities. In ICALP (pp. 371–382). Springer DOI
- Olfa06: (2006) Flocking for multi-agent dynamic systems: Algorithms and theory. Automatic Control, IEEE Transactions On, 51(3), 401–420.
- ZhZh17: (2017) Game-Theoretic Design of Secure and Resilient Distributed Support Vector Machines with Adversaries. ArXiv:1710.04677 [Cs, Stat].
- WoWT99: (1999) General principles of learning-based multi-agent systems. (pp. 77–83). DOI
- DePS02: (2002) On the Complexity of Equilibria. In Proceedings of the Thiry-fourth Annual ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing (pp. 67–71). New York, NY, USA: ACM DOI
- WoBR11: (2011) Probability Collectives in Optimization.
- Degr74: (1974) Reaching a Consensus. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 69(345), 118–121. DOI
- GaBK18: (2018) Smaller crowds outperform larger crowds and individuals in realistic task conditions. Decision, 5(1), 1–15. DOI
- LaJS14: (2014) Social Learning and Distributed Hypothesis Testing. ArXiv:1410.4307 [Cs, Math, Stat].
- FrYL06: (2006) Stability and Convergence Properties of Dynamic Average Consensus Estimators. In 2006 45th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (pp. 338–343). San Diego, CA, USA: IEEE DOI
- Stig06: (2006) The Contributions of the Economics of Information to Twentieth Century Economics. The Quarterly Journal of Economics, 115(4). DOI