- tab … a modern text processing language that’s similar to awk in spirit. (But not similar in design philosophy, implementation or syntax.)
- Designed for concise one-liner aggregation and manipulation of tabular text data…
- Feature-rich enough to support even very complex queries. (Also includes a good set of mathematical operations.)
- Statically typed, type-inferred, declarative.
- “jq is like sed for JSON data – you can use it to slice and filter and map and transform structured data with the same ease that sed, awk, grep and friends let you play with text.”